strengthen the developing vocabularies-and vocabulary-building skills-of learners at all levels. It is
presented in a clear, uncomplicated format with a minimum of codes, abbreviations, and special symbols.
Using this dictionary will improve your speking, writing,and understanding of English.
* Atleast two example sentences are given with each definition, so you can see words used properly
and effectively in real-life situations.
* To ensure comprehension, virtually every word used in the definitions is defined witfin the dictionary.
* Common American idioms are defined and given sample sentences,so you will ;earn these important
* The idiomsand Phrases Index makes these expressions easy to find in the body of thedictionary.
* 72,000 example sentences-all in plain English *35,000 senses, includingcompounds and idioms
* 22,000 main entries, with the part of speech for eachsense
* Interational Phonetic Alphabet pronunciation for each entry
* Idioms andPhrases Index
* Gazetteer of 450 placenmes, with pronunciations and maps