This dictionary combines a information you need to understand reference to people, please, and events in newspapers, in literature, on TV and in films, as in general conversations.
- ● 80,000 words and phrases, including new words like FAQs (frequently Asked Questions) and ISDN
- ● Definitions that get to the heart of the meaning-using the Longman 2000-word defining Vocabulary
- ● Full coverage of British and American English
- ● Over 15,000 Cultural and encyclopedic entries, from politics, history, geography, science, the arts, and popular culture-from Falstaff to Fantasia, to a Fig Newton-all thoroughly revised and updated
- ● Feature pages, color photos, maps and drawings bring the language to life
- ● More than 400 Cultural Notes at entries such as Declaration of independence and Oxbridge