Reading Discovery is a three-level reading series designed especially for intermediate English language learners to further expand their reading proficiency while also helping to improve their writing and speaking skills. Each book contains informative readings covering a wide range of topics such as culture, science,and the arts. Every unit within Reading Discovery contains carefully controlled vocabulary as well as topic-related activities aimed at utilizing all four language skills. Unit activities stimulate the development of essential academic tasks including note-taking, summarization, integrating information from different sources, and vocabulary acquisition practice. Reading Discovery provides a rich source of interesting reading vividly presented to students in a fun and engaging way.
- ● Full-color illustrations and photographs
- ● Interesting non-fiction passages carefully designed for timed readings
- ● Topic-related audio recordings with listening activities included
- ● Integrated writing and speaking tasks with guided practice of those skills
- ● Teacher's guide with sample lesson plan and teaching tips
- ● Unit reviews with recycled vocabulary, idioms, and word forms
- ● Vocabulary preview in each unit to enhance word recognition