News Writing and Reporting for Today's media, Fifth Edition, is a practical guide to learning journalistic skills. Straightforward and lively, it combines the rudiments of news writing and reporting with first-person accounts from reporters. The many strengths of previous editions have been expanded and augmented in this edition.
- ● New examples reflect recent news events.
- ● New "Checklists" provide easy references and practical guides.
- ● "Where to Look Online" boxes appear throughout the text.
- ● The range of new technical skills that a reporter must master (e.g., online research) is discussed in the completely revised and retitled Chapter 10, "Computer Assisted Reporting and Research."
- ● Tips on conducting interviews from Duff Wilson, a prize-winning investigative reporter for The Seattle Times, have been added to Chapter 23, "In-Depth and Investigative Reporting."
- ● A new section on writing about technology is included in Chapter 24, "Business News and Other Specialties."
- ● Coverage of ethics and fairness has been expanded in Chapter 26, now titled "Ethics and Fairness: Responsibilities to Society."
- ● Material on using written sources is now available on the McGraw-Hill Web site at www.mhhe.com/itule.
This book is a practical guide to learning journalistic skills.
● New examples reflect recent news events.
● New “Checklists” provide easy references and practical guides.