The second edition includes:
- ● More than 1,400 citations to primary-source literature, including both classic and contemporary studies.
- ● A glossary of more than 400 technical terms and concepts
- ● More than 100 graphs displaying original data from peer-reviewed research, often accompanied by detailed descriptions of the procedures used to collect the data represented
- ● Five new chapters written by leading scholars in behavior analysis: Negative Reinforcement (Brian Iwata and Richard Smith), Motivating Operations (Jack Michael), Functional Behavior Assessment (Nancy Neef and Stephanie Peterson), Verbal Behavior (Mark Sundberg), and Ethical Considerations fro applied Behavior Analysts (Jose Martinez-Diaz, Tom Freeman, and Matthew Normand)
- ● The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® BCBA® and BCABA® Behavior Analyst Task List®-Third Edition, specifying the minimum content all behavior analysts should master, is listed on the inside covers. A chart at the beginning of each chapter identifies which items from the Task List are covered in that chapter, and an appendix lists the page numbers where the concepts, principles, or procedures related to each item appear in the Task List.