English Firsthand is designed to build learner success and confidence by providing ample interactive and personalized tasks that help each student feel that English is his or her own language - a language to use for personal expression.
1. Exciting new design and updated content
● Expanded Vocabulary: The first page of every unit is now called "Vocabulary Building" and introduces high-frequency vocabulary items that help students get ready for the activities that follow.
● Real Stories: The last page of every unit has activities that allow for interactive practice of the 4 skills.
2. Mobile-based activities MymobileWorld (learning Management System)
● Designed by teachers for teachers and optimized for mobiles devices, this new moodle-based online component is fully integrated with the student book and enables both in-class and out-of-class practice.
3. New videos
● English in Action: A serialized story that reinforces the language functions and target expressions of every unit. (Available for Level 1 and Level 2.)
● Conversation Model: Video clips with strategies for practicing conversations from the unit. (Available for all levels. Previously known as "Drama Coach".)
● Presentation Model: Students can actually see someone doing a presentation about the topic of the unit. (Available for all levels.)
4. Assessment for Learning
● Newly added Assessment for Learning section in the back of the book that consists of a practice test and a self-check for every two units.
5. Intensive Test Package
● There are also various kinds of editable tests available so that teachers don't have to develop their own.